I have a really cute and very easy craft to share with you today. It’s a Jack O’ Lantern made from construction paper, and a toilet paper roll.
This cute little pumpkin craft is not hard to make, and you only need a few things.
What you’ll need:
- toilet paper roll
- green pipe cleaner
- yellow, orange, and green construction paper
- black foam or construction paper for the face
To make the Jack O’ Lantern:
- Cut the yellow construction paper to fit around the toilet paper roll, and glue or tape it down.
- Cut eyes, a mouth, and nose from the black foam, or purchase them already cut out at your local craft store. Lay them aside.
- Cut green construction paper wide enough to go around the toilet paper roll for the stem on each end.
- Fold an orange piece of paper in half width wise, and cut it in half on the fold. Then fold it in half again and cut slits into the paper every half inch or so. Don’t cut all the way to the edges, so you have slits in one sheet of construction paper when you’re finished.
- Glue only the ends of the orange construction paper to the toilet paper roll. Put glue around the top, and around the bottom. Then hold it in place for a minute or two so it will stay.
- When you’re done coil a green pipe cleaner around a pencil to make a vine, and attach it to the top of the Jack O’ Lantern with a small piece of tape, before you glue the green construction paper around the top for the stem. You can also use construction paper to make a handle, or a piece of string.
- Glue another piece of green construction paper around the base for the bottom stem, and glue on the eyes, nose, and mouth.
Hang your little Jack O’ Lanterns in windows, from the ceiling, or on the wall. They make cute Halloween party decorations, or crafts.
this will be fun to make with my little grandson…thanks for the idea!
This looks like a really great project to try with my special needs classroom. Thanks for sharing.
This is super cute!
[…] Jack-o-Lantern craft – my kids love crafts and this one is just adorable! […]
[…] for them. My great buddy Linette over at The Kids Fun Reviewed turned trash into treasure with her Toilet Paper Roll Halloween Jack O’ Lantern […]
[…] 9. Toilet Paper Roll Jack-o-Lantern […]
[…] Pumpkin 29. A Cute Little Toilet Paper Roll Halloween Jack O’ Lantern 30. Colored & Glittered Pasta Pumpkins for Halloween 31. Egg-Carton Halloween Spiders […]