I have a really cute and very easy craft to share with you today. It’s a Jack O’ Lantern made from construction paper, and a toilet paper roll.
What you’ll need:
- toilet paper roll
- green pipe cleaner
- yellow, orange, and green construction paper
- black foam or construction paper for the face
To make the Jack O’ Lantern:
- Cut the yellow construction paper to fit around the toilet paper roll, and glue or tape it down.
- Cut eyes, a mouth, and nose from the black foam, or purchase them already cut out at your local craft store. Lay them aside.
- Cut green construction paper wide enough to go around the toilet paper roll for the stem on each end.
- Fold an orange piece of paper in half width wise, and cut it in half on the fold. Then fold it in half again and cut slits into the paper every half inch or so. Don’t cut all the way to the edges, so you have slits in one sheet of construction paper when you’re finished.
- Glue only the ends of the orange construction paper to the toilet paper roll. Put glue around the top, and around the bottom. Then hold it in place for a minute or two so it will stay.
- When you’re done coil a green pipe cleaner around a pencil to make a vine, and attach it to the top of the Jack O’ Lantern with a small piece of tape, before you glue the green construction paper around the top for the stem. You can also use construction paper to make a handle, or a piece of string.
- Glue another piece of green construction paper around the base for the bottom stem, and glue on the eyes, nose, and mouth.
Hang your little Jack O’ Lanterns in windows, from the ceiling, or on the wall. They make cute Halloween party decorations, or crafts.