I originally posted this fun, easy Halloween Ghost Pretzel Sticks over 10 years ago with the photo to the right, but since it’s one of my favorites and it’s sooo easy, I decided I would share this fun and easy party treat again and reshoot them while I was working on my sweets Halloween tiered tray.
Here is my updated photo from this time around! Like I said, these Ghost Pretzel Sticks are so easy for any Halloween party or sweets tray!
On this set I used mini chocolate chips for both the mouth and eyes, but the chocolate sprinkles work well too!
Halloween Ghost Pretzel Sticks
Supplies and Ingredients:
White Chocolate Bark (or white melting chocolate)
Mini Chocolate Chips
Optional: Cellophane and ribbon for decorating
How to make your Ghost Pretzel Sticks:
- Melt the white chocolate or white chocolate bar in a bowl in the microwave, or on the stove with a double boiler. Follow the instructions on the chocolate package. Most can be melted in the microwave (that’s my favorite method).
- Dip the pretzel into the melted chocolate, and lay on aluminum foil, or wax paper to cool. You can also prop them upright in cups, to avoid having one side flattened.
- While the chocolate is still soft insert two chocolate sprinkles for eyes, and a mini chocolate chip for a mouth. You can also wait until they dry, and use black jel icing to make the eyes and mouth.
Fun ideas to dress up your ghost sticks:
- Bundle several Ghost Sticks together, tie them with a decorative ribbon, add them to a mug, and wrap them with festive cellophane.
- Add them to other Halloween treats, cookies, or cupcakes to make a haunting Halloween party tray.
- Wrap them in decorative cellophane tied with a bow, for your as a trick or treat gift, or Halloween party favor.
- Add them to a Halloween gift basket, for a grandparent or teacher.
I added my most recent batch to my Halloween sweets tiered tray!