Fall is one of my favorite seasons. I love the crisp feeling in the air and the fall flavors. One of the favorite fall flavors around here is pumpkin! We make pumpkin everything as soon as the fall season hits, so course I’m a fan of this pumpkin Rice Krispy treats recipe!
This pumpkin Rice Krispy treats recipe would be super fun for a fall harvest party, or a school Halloween/ harvest party. They’d also be a fabulous treat for the kids as a part of your Thanksgiving feast! You don’t need a special occasion though! These treats are perfect as a fun after school snack for kids!
Pumpkin Rice Krispy Treats Recipe
- 6 C. Rice Krispies
- 1 bag about 40 large marshmallows
- 3 tbs. butter
- 2 tbs. canned pumpkin
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large pot, combine the marshmallows and butter and melt on low heat, stirring every few minutes.
- Once the marshmallows and butter have melted stir in the 2 tbs. of canned pumpkin, 2 tsp. of cinnamon and the pinch of nutmeg. Stir well.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the 6 cups of Rice Krispies making sure to coat them well.
- Pour the mixture into a 9x13 baking dish and use the back of a large spoon or a piece of wax paper to flatten in the pan. Cover and let cool. Cut evenly into squares.
- Store in an airtight container.
I’ll warn you now though, you won’t be able to stop at just one! What’s your favorite flavor of fall?
Looking for more fall Rice Krispy treat ideas? Check out our Rice Krispy Turkey Recipe.
Or check out these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies if you like a little chocolate with your pumpkin!