I can’t believe kids are heading back to school soon and in some areas, they’ve already headed back to school! This year is flying by! If you’re looking for a fun treat idea for the first day of school for your kids, or for them to even take to share with their classmates, check out this fun apple for the teacher back to school cupcakes idea. These apple for the teacher cupcakes are a fun back to school cupcakes idea or fall treat idea for kids! Think fall parties and harvest celebrations! Or even for a fall birthday!
You can grab the full back to school cupcakes idea recipe below! All you need is a simple white cake mix, some homemade frosting, Tootsie Roll Midgies, and some red sugar sparkles!
Mix up the cupcakes according to the package directions and bake. While the cupcakes are baking, make the icing (full recipe below) and add red food coloring.
Mix in the food coloring.
Once the cupcakes have cooled frost them with the red frosting and cover them with the red sprinkles.
Insert the Tootsie Roll, and add 2 small green M & M type candies for leaves and you’re done!
So easy and so fun to let the kids help make this fun back to school cupcakes idea.
Apple For The Teacher Cupcakes For Back To School
- 1 box White Cake Mix + box ingredients
- Red Cupcake Liners
- 1 cup softened Butter
- 3 cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Red Food Coloring
- Red Sparkling Sugar
- 12 Tootsie Roll Midgies
- Green Fruit Rollups or Green M&Ms
- Preheat oven and line muffin tins with paper liners.
- Prepare batter according to box directions.
- Fill liners 2/3 full and bake according to box directions for cupcakes.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Whip butter and vanilla for until fluffy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar.
- Add milk until you reach desired consistency.
- Add food coloring to acheive pink/red color.
- Frost each cupcake.
- Sprinkle with red sparkling sugar.
- Insert Tootsie Roll in middle to make stem.
- If using Rollups, cut 2 leaves for each cupcake and put in place,
- If using M&Ms, place 2 M&Ms to represent leaves.
Looking for more fall cupcake ideas? Check out this Pumpkin Poke Cupcakes Recipe!