Apple pie is a fall favorite at our house, and monkey bread is a fun favorite all year round. I thought it would be fun to combine the two into one delicious recipe.
Apple Pie Monkey Bread Recipe
- Apple Pie Monkey Bread Sweet Dough Ingredients
- 1 package active dry yeast or 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 eggs
- 5 cups flour
- ¼ cup warm water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- pinch of salt
- Apple Pie Monkey Bread Ingredients
- 1 ball Monkey Bread sweet dough from above
- 1 cup sugar plus ¼ cup sugar
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1 tbsp apple pie spice
- 1 cup caramel
- 2 apples peeled and diced
- ½ cup apple cider
- Add yeast and warm water to a large bowl to dissolve. As soon as yeast is entirely dissolved add remaining dough ingredients, but only three cups of the flour. Mix ingredients until a soft dough is formed, add the remaining cups of flour one at a time and mix until dough is firm. Place in refrigerator for six hours.
- While dough is resting peel and dice two apples. In a small saucepan cook diced apples, apple cider and ¼ cup sugar till apples are soft but not mushy. Set aside.
- Remove dough from refrigerator. Grease your bundt pan. Flour a surface and turn dough out, punching out air pockets. Pinch off about a spoonful of dough at a time and roll into balls, about 40-50 balls total.
- Ready two small bowls for dough balls, one with a stick of butter that has been melted and the other with a cup of sugar and apple pie spice mixed together. Drop each dough ball into melted butter and then into apple pie spice and sugar mix. Drop spice covered dough balls into your greased bundt pan.
- Your bundt pan should be about halfway full, which leaves room for the dough to rise. Heat your caramel up for 20-30 seconds in the microwave until it is easy to spoon. Spoon half the diced apple mixture over the top of dough balls and pour half the caramel over apples and dough balls.
So delicious, and not too difficult to make! Monkey bread is definitely a kid favorite at our house!