There is creepy eyeball food everywhere this time of year! All those creepy eyeballs would be perfect for a zombie party! Today I have a fun printable for some zombie eyeball cupcakes and it includes some glory blood drops, for the not so faint at heart! With this printable you so you can create an easy zombie eyeball cupcakes topper for your Halloween party or gathering.
To make the zombie eyeball cupcake:
- 12 cupcakes with a Halloween wrapper
- Print out the Zombie Eyeball Printable
- 12 toothpicks
- 3 cups white decorator icing
- red liquid food color
- 1 sheet red 12 by 12 inch card stock
- 2 1/2 inch circle pattern, or a circle cutter (a small cup or glass will also work)
- Wilton 1M tip (or a large star tip)
- Pastry bag
1. Print out the Zombie Eyeball Printable, and cut out the individual toppers with a pair of scissors.
2. Cut out 12~ 2 1/2 inch circles from the red card stock. You can use a circle template, a die cut machine (like a Cricut) or a small glass as a patter to cut your circles.
3. Glue the eyeball printables to the red card stock.
4. Glue the printables with the red card stock on the back to a toothpick, so half of the toothpick is sticking out the bottom of the topper. You can make these double sided if you want to by printing out 24 toppers and red circles and gluing one to each side of the toothpick.
5. Attach the Wilton 1M tip to the end of the pastry bag, and fill the bag with white icing. Use the icing to decorate the top of the cupcakes by swirling the icing from the outside in while gently squeezing the pastry bag.
6. Insert the zombie eyeball cupcake toppers into the top of the cupcake.
7. Add a couple drops of red food color to the top of each cupcake.
8. Display your cupcakes with your other Halloween goodies.