Oreo brownies are double the chocolate and double the fun! I love quick and easy desserts for summer bbqs and this one definitely fits that description, and who doesn’t love Oreos? I know I do! This Oreo brownie recipe in a jar is perfect for summer bbqs and parties. They make it easy to do individual servings without a ton of fuss. They’re sure to be a hit with your family and friends!
- ¾ C. flour
- 2 C. semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 4 tbs. butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ C. sugar
- ½ C. packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 package of Oreo sandwich cookies
- 20 4 oz. jelly jars
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and chocolate in 15-20 second increments, stirring until completely melted. Let cool 2-3 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, sugar and vanilla. Add in the melted chocolate mixture and then slowly add in the flour and cocoa mixture. Mix well and set aside.
- Add 1 Oreo sandwich cookie to the bottom of each jelly jar.
- Next, add ⅛ C. of brownie batter on top. Add another Oreo and then another ⅛ C. of brownie batter. You want the brownie batter to come up right under the jars ring. You don't want to overfill though as it will spread when baking.
- Bake 20-25 minutes. Around 20 minutes insert a toothpick into the center of the brownie. If it comes clean, they are done.
Make sure you give this Oreo brownie recipe a try for your next gathering! You won’t be sorry you did when everyone is asking you for the recipe!
Looking for more delicious dessert ideas? Check out these 25 Chocolate and Peanut Butter Dessert Ideas.
Or this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread.