My son and I both love bananas, so I purchase a large bunch almost every week. Sometimes they don’t all get eaten before they’re beyond ripe. I freeze quite a few for smoothies, but ripe bananas are also great to bake with. Here is an easy chocolate chip banana recipe to help you use up all those extra ripe bananas. This recipe is loaded with chocolate chips and the bananas help make it moist and sweet. Your kids will love it and they won’t even know you might be adding some fruit into their diet! You can even freeze any extra you might have to serve later, but if your house is anything like ours you won’t have any left over for the freezer unless you make a double batch!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
- 2 ripe bananas with all the lumps mushed out
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt not plain, but can be low fat
- 1/4 cup of real maple syrup
- 1.5 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil vegetable oil can be used
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a loaf pan with butter or spray, line the bottom with parchment paper for easier removal once your bread is baked.
- Smash the bananas, and combine the bananas (with all the lumps mushed out), vanilla yogurt, maple syrup, vanilla, sugar and grape seed oil (vegetable oil can be used) with a mixer. Blend until lumps are gone and all the ingredients are combined.
- Sift in the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon.
- Stir the dry ingredients mixture into the "wet mixture" until well combined.
- Fold in 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
- Spoon into the greased loaf pan.
- Sprinkle some additional chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve warm, or let the bread cool.
Like I said you can wrap up any leftovers in foil and freeze it in a freezer bag for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to eat it, just pop it out of the freezer and let it sit out for about an hour and it should be ready to eat. If you need it thawed faster you can also pop it in the microwave to defrost.