These fun and easy pumpkin poke cupcakes are perfect for your fall parties and celebrations! They would be great for Halloween, but also look festive on your Thanksgiving dinner table. The kids will love helping you poke the holes in the cupcakes, and adding the finishing touches with the Tootsie Roll Stems and fruit roll up leaves.
Pumpkin Poke Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Box Orange Jell-O
- 1 cup boiling Water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3 drops Red Food Coloring
- 3 drops Yellow Food Coloring
- 24 Tootsie Rolls
- Green Fruit Rollups for leaves (optional)
1.Mix up and bake the cupcakes according to the package directions.
2. Turn the cupcakes out onto a cooling rack and let them cool.
3. Use a fork to poke holes in each cupcake.
4. Mix the Jello and boiling water according to the package directions and stir until dissolved.
5. Add 1/2 cup cold water to the Jello mixture and pour over the cupcakes.
6. Refrigerate the cupcakes for at least 15 minutes.
7. To make the icing: In a large bowl, cream the butter and add the vanilla.
8. Mix in the sugar one cup at a time.
9. Beat in the milk mixing until fluffy.
10. Add in 3 drops each of the Red and Yellow food coloring and mix. If it doesn’t look bright enough a 1 drop of each at a time.
11. Transfer icing to the corner of large size zipper bag, try to minimize trapped air and close. Clip a small piece off the corner to pipe.
12. Pipe icing around to cover the top of each cupcake.
13. Cut each Tootsie Roll in half.
14. Insert a half Tootsie Roll in the center to make a stem.
15. Using a small knife or kitchen shears cut a leaf shape for each and place next to stem.
Present your cupcakes to your guests. These cupcakes will look fabulous on the table, and deliver a wonderful taste surprise when your guests bite into them.
Looking for more fun fall recipes? Check these out!