Shepard’s pie is a family favorite at our house, especially during the fall and winter. This mini shepherds pies recipe is a fun take on the original, but bite size, just for kids! It’s a fun school night dinner idea, or a quick and easy weekend go to recipe.
Mini Shepherds Pies Recipe:
Ingredients below in recipe card!
Start by preheating the oven to 425, then spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray.
Flatten and mold biscuits into each muffin cup.
These are quick to bake! Just 6-8 minutes until they’re a light golden color and they’re done. If biscuits have risen too much and won’t hold the other ingredients, press down the sides and bottom while still the biscuits are still warm.
While the biscuits are baking, brown ground beef in a large skillet and drain. Stir in the onions, salt, pepper and garlic and allow to cook together for a couple of minutes.
Add flour to the mixture and stir until blended to a paste, then add beef stock, worcestershire and vegetables. Mix all the ingredients together.
Make homemade mashed potatoes, or use pre made mashed potatoes and heat in a microwave according to package directions.
Spoon about 2-3 tablespoons of meat mixture into each biscuit shell and top with equal amount mashed potatoes.
Sprinkle the top of your mini shepherds pies with dried parsley flakes. Place in oven and bake for 12-15 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before removing individual mini shepherds pies from their cups.
Mini Shepherds Pie Recipe
- 1 can Biscuits 10-12 ct
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 Onion minced
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 3/4 cup Beef Stock
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 cup frozen Peas and Carrots
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley Flakes
- 1 1/2 cups Mashed Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- Flatten and mold biscuits into each muffin cup.
- Bake 6-8 minutes, until light golden. If biscuits have risen too much to hold meat, press down sides and bottom while still warm.
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet and drain.
- Stir in the onions, salt, pepper, and garlic and allow to cook together for a couple of minutes.
- Add flour to the mixture and stir until blended to a paste.
- Add beef stock, worcestershire, and vegetables. Mix well
- Heat mashed potatoes in a microwave for 5 to 6 minutes stirring halfway through.
- Spoon about 2-3 tablespoons of meat mixture into each biscuit shell.
- Then top with equal amount mashed potatoes.
- Sprinkle the top with dried parsley flakes. Place in oven and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before removing individual pies.
Looking for more fun recipe ideas for kids? Check out these fun ideas!