My family loves pizza, and they also love lasagna, so I decided to try combining the best of both worlds! Let me tell you now I’m the best wife-mom EVER! It was a huge hit. I think it’s my family’s new favorite supper! Of course I have to share so your families can think you rock too!
Pizza Lasagna Recipe
- 1 package pepperoni
- 1 box oven ready lasagna
- 1 ~ 32 ounce can tomato sauce+ 1 ~ 16 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 pound ground beef~ browned
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 small sweet peppers chopped
- 1 ~ 8 ounce ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Brown the ground beef in a medium skillet, and add half of the chopped onion.
- Drain the ground beef and add in the tomato sauce, oregano, basil and minced garlic. Simmer on low for about 10 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering preheat the oven to 350`F.
- In a large 11 by 17 inch casserole dish layer in small amount of the sauce/ meat mixture, a layer of lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the ricotta cheese, another 1/4 of the remaining sauce, 1/4 of the mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Repeat the layers and add in a layer of 1/2 of the pepperoni.
- Repeat the layers one more time, except the pepperoni.
- Repeat the layer one final time, but you should be out of ricotta cheese.
- Top the pizza lasagna with the last layer of cheese, then add a final layer of pepperoni, the chopped peppers, and the rest of the onion. You could also add other pizza toppings like banana peppers, bacon bits, mushrooms, etc.
- Bake at 350`F for 40 to 50 minutes. Cover with foil for about the first 20 minutes so the cheese doesn’t brown too fast.
- Remove from the oven and let the pizza lasagna cool for a couple minutes, then cut into squares and serve.
This pizza lasagna was gone in no time at our house, it was one of the biggest hits I’ve made lately! My son couldn’t wait to get home from school the next day so he could eat the leftovers!
According to my son this pizza lasagna recipe was just the right blend of cheesy and delicious!
Oh this looks good! I might just try this over the weekend 🙂
Mmmm…2 of my favourite things all in one – pizza and lasagna!! hehe. Definitely going to save this recipe to try. Thanks!
I think my kids would love this! Yummy!
This looks scrumptious! Can’t wait to make it for my gang…thank you for sharing so we can all look like the best wife/mom ever!
Very easy and tasty recipe. I made this using pizza sauce instead of the tomato sauce. My whole family loved it!