I love paper plate crafts! Today I have a really cute lion paper plate craft in case your March comes in like a lion in a couple weeks! Or maybe it will go out like a lion later next month? Hmmm…
This lion paper plate craft isn’t too difficult to make, and you only need a few low cost items to create it! It would be fun for a jungle party craft or a classroom craft idea. I love how his mane turned out! When I first started I was going to stick the tissue paper underneath the paper plate, but I decided the unruly look worked better. The other way he looked like a sunflower. I might have to make those next!
In Like a Lion Paper Plate Craft
Materials per lion:
- White paper plate
- Yellow paint
- Paint brush
- Craft glue
- A pair of wiggly eyes
- A small scrap of black card stock or black felt
- Black felt tip permanent marker
- 3 sheets of yellow tissue paper
1. Paint the front of the paper plate yellow with the paint brush, then set it aside to dry.
2. While the paper plate is drying, cut about 30 to 35 squares from the yellow tissue paper measuring about 4 inches by 4 inches wide.
3. Stick your finger in the middle of each tissue paper square, and wrap the tissue paper up onto your finger (see photo). Apply a small dot of glue to the tip of the tissue paper wrapped finger. Stick the tissue paper to the front (painted side) of the outside edge of the paper plate. Keep applying the squares until you get all the way around the outside of the paper plate.
4. Stick the wiggly eyes on the lions face about 1/3 from the top.
5. Cut out a small (about 1 inch) triangle from a scrap piece of black card stock or felt.
6. Use a black permanent fine tip marker to draw the lions mouth.
You’re done! Isn’t he adorable?
If you’re looking for another March craft to go with the lion I made a lamb craft a while back and another lion paper plate craft a couple years ago. Here are the links:
My 3 year old grandson would have so much fun making this. I’m always looking for craft ideas so he has fun when comes over and this is a great one! He will love it. Thanks for the idea!
[…] Looking for more paper plate craft ideas? You might also like this paper plate lion craft […]
[…] Lion Paper Plate Craft – great project for the party and they can take them home! […]
[…] Lion Paper Plate Craft~ This is one of our Kid’s Fun favorites! […]