When Easter rolls around, you always have plenty of extra egg cartons after you decorate all those beautiful Easter eggs. Why not use some of those to make a fun Easter theme craft? Yesterday I shared an egg carton Easter bunny craft. Today I have this adorable little Easter chick egg carton craft, made from one section of an egg carton, and it’s easy enough to make your preschooler can help.
The kids will have a blast painting and assembling their very own Easter Chick. You can make one, or make a dozen and use them to hold your place cards for Easter dinner, or for an easy Easter party craft idea the kids can take home when the party’s done.
Easy Easter Chick Egg Carton Craft Idea For Kids
- Egg carton
- Large yellow pom pom
- 1 pair of wiggly eyes
- Yellow paint
- Paint brush
- Small scrap of orange card stock or construction paper
- 3 yellow feathers
1. Cut the egg carton apart to remove one section for each chick you want to make.
2. Let the kids paint the egg carton section yellow, then set it aside to dry. Make sure you put down newspaper, or old scraps of paper to catch any stray spatters of paint. You may also want to have the kids wear a painting shirt for this step.
3. While the paint is drying, make a beak by cutting a ½ to 1 inch square piece of orange cardstock and folding in half, corner to corner so it makes a triangle (see photo).
4. Once the egg carton is dry, glue the yellow pom pom to the top of the closed end of the egg carton cup (see photo).
5. Glue the wiggly eyes and the beak to the front of the pom pom for the chick’s face.
6. Glue one feather to the back of the chicks head (the back of the pom pom), so it peeks above the pom pom to give the chick the appearance of feathers on his head.
7. Glue the other two feathers one on each side of the egg carton to make the chick’s wings.
Looking for more Easter craft ideas? Check out this Easy Easter Bunny Egg Carton Craft
Or check out these other Easter Craft Ideas For Kids.