I love paper plate crafts. There are so many things you can make with a paper plate! Paper plates are so low cost it makes it an easy craft to do for a classroom, or for a party. This Easter chick paper plate craft is easy enough kindergarten or preschool age kids can make it. You only need a few materials.
Easter Chick Paper Plate Craft for Kids
- paper plate
- yellow paint
- paint brush
- 2 large wiggly eyes
- scrap of orange construction paper
- 2-3 yellow craft feathers
- piece of yellow construction paper
1. Paint the back of the paper plate with the yellow paint. You may need to add a second coat.
2. Set the paper plate aside until it is completely dry. You may want to do this part ahead of time, or plan another activity for the kids while the plate is drying.
3. Add the wiggly eyes once the plate is dry.
4. Add 2-3 yellow craft feathers to the top of the paper plate.
5. Have your child put their hand on the yellow construction paper with their fingers closed, so their wrist goes off the side of the paper, and trace around it. Repeat the process with the other hand.
6. Cut out the hands and glue them to the sides of the paper plate with the fingers sticking out like wings.
7. Cut out a 2 inch square from the orange construction paper. Fold it in half from corner to corner to make a beak. Glue the beak to the middle of the paper plate at the fold in the beak.
8. Hang your Easter chick paper plate craft as part of your spring or Easter decorations.
Looking for more paper plate craft ideas? You might also like this paper plate lion craft
That’s the cutest thing ever. Love this!
this is really simple and cute! i love crafting with paper plates since they’re really easy for my tot to manipulate. thank you for sharing!
Very cute idea! I always forget about paper plate crafts!
Looks like a cool activity and so adorable – love vibrant yellow color
What a super cute idea!!! Totally pinning!
These are adorable!! My kids would love to make these, thanks!
I have to make this with my nieces.They love to do crafts so I’m always on the lookout for cool crafts. Thank you for sharing 🙂
Oh my goodness! This would be the PERFECT craft to do with everyone at my soon-to-be 3 year old’s birthday party!! Would keep the kiddos entertained and be a perfect party favor for everyone to take home! You help me put my craft closet to good use ! Thank you for sharing!
aw these are so cute, I am definitely going to do this project with my grandaughter next year. She will get such a kick out of it!
I love this craft! I will definitely bookmark this for next spring. I love to decorate my department at work but don’t have time for the kids to do a huge project in PT that requires Fine Motor Skills. This is great!
I love this it is just adorable.Thank you
this is too cute,i love it…thank you for sharing.