We love peanut butter and jelly at our house. It’s one of my son’s favorite after practice snacks. I also have a peanut butter and jelly cookie recipe everyone in the family loves. My niece helped me make our favorite peanut butter and jelly cookies.
This is how the cookies look when they’re all done. They don’t usually last long at our house! I don’t think this last batch even lasted a day! Here is the recipe, in case you didn’t catch it in the video.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookie Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 375`F.
- Cream together the butter, peanut butter and sugar in a bowl.
- Add in the egg, vanilla, and salt. Continue beating until well combined.
- Add flour and baking soda, beat until all the ingredients thoroughly combined.
- Shape the dough into bite size (about a heaping teaspoon size) balls.
- Roll the cookies in the extra sugar and place a few inches apart on a baking sheet. Give them plenty of room, they’ll spread while they’re baking.
- Bake at 375’F for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven, and let the cookies cool.
- Press your thumb into the center of each cookie.
- When the cookies have cooled add a teaspoon of Welch’s Grape or Strawberry Jelly into the center of each cookie.
My niece gives them a thumbs up.
We used Welch’s Natural Jelly in our cookies. I really love the ingredients list isn’t very long, and there are no big long words I have no clue how to pronounce. Just real ingredients I can understand.
Here are a few more interesting facts about Welch’s Jelly:
- Welch’s Strawberry Spreads are made with sweet, vine ripened strawberries
- Welch’s Concord Grape Jelly and Natural Grape Spread are made with Welch’s very own Concord grapes grown in the US and Canada
- Welch’s Natural Spreads contain no high fructose corn syrup, no artificial flavors or colors, and no preservatives
Did you know April 2th is National PB&J Day?! How do you enjoy your PB and J? Between now and April 2nd you can let Welch’s know how you have Peanut Butter and Jelly your way on their Facebook page with the PB&J Your Way contest. Let them know your creative spin on the classic PB&J sandwich for a chance to win $500 and a one year supply of Grape Jelly. 50 more people will win a sandwich keeper.
Enter the contest here: PB&J Your Way Contest
I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Welch’s. I received product samples to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item as a thank-you for participating.
Love that it has no HFCS! These used to be my favorite cookie when I was little.
What? PB&J cookies.. why have I never had or even heard of these. Ok, must make these!
This is so cool. I’ve never had a PB&J cookie but now that I look at yours I’m wondering why not!
Yum! These look so good! And I love that the jelly doesn’t have HFCS or artificial junk.
These look delicious! I’m totally adding it to my list of cookies to make this spring!
My son participates in PB&J Day everyday! It’s his favorite. I’ve never tried making a PB&J cookie, though. Thanks for the great recipe – I know that he’ll love these!