Are you planning a Glam Girl party for your daughter and her friends? Today we have a super fun glam girls party craft idea the girls will love to create! Every girl loves shoes, especially the glamorous strappy high heeled kind. The girls can create this simple shoe craft using just a handful of items from your local dollar store.
Dollar Store DIY: Shoe Glam Girls Party Craft
- Spray paint
- Peel and stick wall decals
- Faux silver serving trays
- Old newspaper
- Clear varnish or sealant (optional)
- All of these items can be found at your local dollar store in various sizes, colors, and styles.
1. Begin by wiping the tray clean with a damp cloth and drying it well. Remove the price label from the tray as well. You want to have as clean of a surface as possible before painting.
2. Lay the tray down on some old newspaper. Apply two coats of paint in the color and finish of your choice, taking care to allow each coat to dry thoroughly. Use a color that compliments the decal you are using. You want the decal to pop against it not blend into it.
3. Once the paint is completely dry, wipe the tray with a dry cloth.
4. Peel and stick the decal to the tray. Use your finger to glide over the decal, removing any air bubbles or wrinkles that may be present.
5. OPTIONAL: Finish by adding a coat of clear varnish or sealant to the tray to protect the decal from peeling, fading, or damage in general.
To hang your plaque, you can simply add a peel and stick hook, a metal plate hanger, or even hot glue some ribbon to it. Or, feel free to display your plaque using a freestanding plate holder. It is lightweight enough that displaying should be fairly simple.