Pizza parties are great fun for teens and tweens. You can pair it with another theme, or plan the whole party around their favorite food…pizza! Making a pizza cake is easier than you think. Check out these instructions on how to make a pizza cake for your next birthday party.
You’ll definitely need a cake. A pizza birthday cake is fairly simple to make, you can make it look like a simple cheese pizza, or go all out and make it deluxe.
My sister and I made this cake for my nephews birthday this summer.
Pizza Birthday Cake
What You’ll Need:
- A round Deep Dish Pizza or Cake Pan
- One or two cake mixes, depending on the size of your cake pan (you’ll want to fill it about 1/3 full)
- strawberry jelly
- 2 cups of shredded white chocolate
- fruit roll ups in red yellow and green (optional)
How to make it:
- Bake your cakes according to the package directions. Don’t fill your pan any fuller then 1/3 full. You don’t want the cake to go up over the edge of the pan. You’re looking for a large round flat cake.
- When the cake is cool, trim the top so it is even, or below the top edge of the pan. This is one cake you can leave in the pan, it adds to the pizza look.
- Spread the strawberry jelly across the top of the cake, almost all the way to the edge.
- Sprinkle the shredded white chocolate on top of the strawberry jelly, let a little of the jelly show around the edges for the sauce.
- Cut circles out of red fruit roll ups for the pepperoni, use a small bottle cap to get the round shape. It’s easier if you cut the fruit roll ups before you remove them from their backing. After you cut your pepperoni, remove the backing and stick them on the pizza.
- Make banana peppers by slicing a thin strip of a yellow fruit roll up. Stick the ends of the strip together to make a loop.
- To make green peppers cut up green gummy candy into small bits.
I have to say this is a delicious cake, a little different from your normal cake, because it doesn’t have the usual icing.
Pizza Party Resources: