I loved helping my mom bake cookies when I was growing up. One of my favorite holiday cookie recipes was the classic Snickerdoodle cookie recipe. I always loved the texture and cinnamony flavor. I know cinnamony isn’t a word, but how else can I describe their deliciousness?
Classic Holiday Kids Cookie Favorites: Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- For rolling the cookies:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400`F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, butter, shortening and eggs in large bowl.
- Once they're well combined, stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Pinch off about a rounded teaspoon of dough at a time, and roll them into balls.
- Mix together the 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon for rolling. Roll the balls in the cinnamon-sugar mixture until the outside is coated with a layer of cinnamon and sugar.
- Place the cookie balls about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for a couple minutes on the cookie sheet, then move them carefully to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
These cookies are perfect for fall parties, and right into the holidays! I love including snickerdoodle cookies in my holiday party trays, or even as a quick gift idea tied with a pretty ribbon and bundled in a cellophane bag. You can also combine snickerdoodles with other cookies in a fun cookie tin for a cookie swap, or an edible gift idea!
Here are a couple of my other holiday cookie favorites:
- Shortbread cookie recipe
- Peanut butter kiss cookie recipe
- Pumpkin cookie recipe with cream cheese icing
What’s your favorite cookie recipe?
As a kid we always used to eat the snicker doodles dipped in eggnog. It is a delicious twist on cookies and milk.
I hope you don’t mind but I will be adding this recipe to my holiday cookies 🙂 they look so yummy and very easy to make , I to used to help my Mom make her cookies and even now I just keep on baking 🙂
I love Snickerdoodle cookies! I can’t wait to try your recipe and make some for my family to enjoy!
Don’t laugh but I wasn’t sure what a Snickerdooldle was until I read this post. But after refreshing my memory bank. I would love to try and make these. Your page looks great.
i love to make cookies,i will be making these snickerdoodle cookies they love yummy.
Snickerdoodles are one of my favorite kinds of cookies!! I want to make this, thank you so much for posting the recipe!
Thank you for the recipe for Snickerdoodles! My grand-daughter always makes cookies with me and we are making a different kind every time, so these are perfect!
These look so delicious! This is definitely going to be on my baking list for Christmas this year!! Thank you so much for sharing! 🙂
Snickerdoodles are the best old time favorite. I love baking with my children but around the holiday time we go all out and bake cookies for people in need, the community, the teachers, etc.
[…] Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe […]
[…] Snickerdoodle Cookies from here at Kid’s Fun Review […]