Classic Peanut Butter Cookies
Adapted from here
- 1 stick of butter (8 tablespoons)
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- Turbino sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Cream together the butter, peanut butter, and sugars. Add the egg and vanilla and mix well. Add the sifted dry ingredients and combine.
- Scoop out a tablespoon of cookie dough and roll it into a ball. Place the balls 2-inches apart on the baking sheet. Dip a fork into some flour and use the backside to flatten the dough balls in a criss-cross pattern. Sprinkle with the turbino sugar.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Let set for 3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack
I guarantee these peanut butter cookies won’t stay around long! They’re also sure to be a hit at your bake sale or holiday cookie exchange! They’re really fabulous when they’re still warm from the oven. You can add chocolate chips, or M&Ms for a special touch or to change up the flavor a little!
Are you looking for other classic cookie recipes, check out a couple of these: