I love to bake cookies during the holiday season! I have several holiday cookie recipes to share with you over the next few weeks. First up, this Peppermint pinwheel cookie recipe is a holiday family and Christmas cookie favorite at our house! Peppermint pinwheel cookies are perfect for a Christmas cookie platter, a holiday bake sale or a Christmas cookie swap party.
Peppermint Pinwheel Cookies Recipe
- 3 cup Flour
- ¾ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup softened Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Milk
- ½ tsp Peppermint Extract
- Red Food Coloring
- White Pearl Decorations
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add beaten egg, milk and peppermint.
- Gradually add in flour.
- Divide mixture in half, placing half in plastic bag in refrigerator.
- Add red food color to remaining half and mix until color is consistent.
- Place red half in plastic bag in refrigerator.
- Place white dough on parchment paper.
- Roll white half to about ¼? thick.
- Place red dough on parchment paper.
- Roll red half to about ¼? thick.
- Flip red dough onto top of white dough.
- Use rolling pin to gently make sure sheets are attached to each other.
- Remove top parchment.
- Use parchment to lift one side of dough and roll (do not roll parchment into cookies).
- Cover rolled dough in white pearls.
- Wrap rolled dough and chill for 30 minutes.
- Slice and bake in 375 degree oven about 9 minutes (watch for edges to begin to turn lightly brown).
- Leave on cookie sheet for several minutes before moving to cooling rack.
Enjoy these cookies with your friends and family, or add them to a fabulous holiday cookie tray! Here are a few more cookie recipes you can make this holiday season:
Do you have a favorite holiday cookie recipe?