I’m planning a Christmas holiday dessert buffet this year for my holiday gathering. I’ve been working on putting together a few great holiday dessert recipes and I decided I should give them a try and have a little pre-holiday party. Put together 3 of my favorite Christmas dessert recipes, so I thought I’d share them with you today. Here’s the final result.
First of course I had to make a trip to Walmart to pick up a few ingredients to create the easy dessert recipes I wanted to include in my holiday buffet. Many of the ingredients I have listed for these recipes are everyday items I keep stocked in my pantry, but I did have to go pick up a few things I needed to restock anyway. You can check out the details from my shop here.
First up I made chocolate peanut butter pie. It’s a family favorite holiday recipe at our house. I got some new mini pie pans about a week ago. I’ve been wanting to test them out, so of course I had to make mini chocolate peanut butter pies! They turned out super cute, and delicious! They’ll make a wonderful addition to any holiday desserts buffet.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Mini Pies Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups crushed chocolate sandwich cookies
- 4 tablespoons butter~ melted
- 1~8 ounce cream cheese
- 1 cup Planters creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups Cool Whip Whipped Topping (thawed)
- 1 Container Chocolate Cool Whip Frosting
- Combine the crushed sandwich cookies with the melted butter.
- Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of the mini pie pans.
- In a medium mixing bowl cream together the cream cheese, Planters creamy peanut butter, and powdered sugar.
- Add the Cool Whip Whipped topping and whip together until thoroughly combined.
- Scoop the cheesecake mixture over the top of the crumb crust in the mini pie pan.
- Refrigerate the mixture for a couple hours.
- Top with Chocolate Cool Whip Frosting and serve!
Christmas Red and Green Poke Cupcakes
- White cake mix and ingredients to make the mix
- Strawberry Jello
- Lime Jello
- Water to make the Jello
- 1 large container Cool Whip Frosting~ thawed
- Mix up and bake the cupcakes according to the package directions. Line the cupcake pan with festive red and green cupcake wraps.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely.
- Mix up the Jello according to the package directions in two different bowls.
- Use a fork to poke holes in the tops of the cupcakes.
- Spoon the Jello mixture onto the top of the cupcakes. Do half with Strawberry Jello, and the other half with Lime Jello.
- Chill the cupcakes for about an hour in the refrigerator.
- Top the cupcakes with Cool Whip Frosting.
The best part about these cupcakes is when you eat them!
The Jello makes them super moist, combine that with the Cool Whip and these are sure to be a hit for any holiday desserts buffet.
White Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Snowmen
- 1 bag Jet-Puffed Marshmallows
- 1 bag white melting chocolate
- decorative black icing
- decorative orange icing
- chocolate sandwich cookies ~ separated
- Chocolate caramel candies
- Melt the chocolates according to the package directions.
- Dip the marshmallows into the chocolate to coat them thoroughly.
- Add a chocolate sandwich cookie to the top.
- Dab a small bit of chocolate onto the chocolate caramel candy and use that as the glue to stick the candy to the top of the sandwich cookie to form the snowman’s hat.
- Once the chocolate has cooled insert a stick or decorative straw into the bottom of the marshmallow. If the chocolate is too hard you may need to use a small knife to poke a hole first.
- Use the black decorator icing and a small round decorator tip to pipe eyes and a mouth.
- Use orange decorator icing and a small round decorative tip to pipe an orange carrot nose on each snowman.
These are my ideas for a Christmas holiday dessert buffet. If you’re looking for more holiday dessert ideas check out these 31 Sweet Holiday Treat Recipe Ideas!