I love cheesecake! It’s one of my guilty pleasures, especially around the holiday season. Peppermint is such a refreshing flavor this time of year, I had to combine the two and create this fabulous holiday dessert! I used mini pie pans to create 4 mini cheesecakes, instead of one large one, but you could use this recipe to make one regular size cheesecake. I’ve been having a ton of fun with the mini pie pan, and I have a few more recipes coming over the next few days!
- 1½ cup crushed chocolate cookie crumbs (like Oreos)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 8oz package cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups whipped topping~ thawed
- 3-4 drops mint oil or mint extract
- 8-10 crushed mint candies
- Process the cookies in a food processor until they're cookie crumbs.
- Combine the cookie crumbs with the melted butter, and press the mixture into the mini pie pans.
- Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, whipped topping and mint oil in a medium mixing bowl.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture over the top of the cookie crumb mixture and put the pan into the refrigerator to chill for several hours.
- Remove the mint mini cheesecakes from the oven just before you're ready to serve them and sprinkle crushed mint candies over the top.
- Cut the mini cheesecakes into about 4 slices and add them to your holiday dessert buffet.
You can see the rich peppermint cheesecake, and the yummy cookie crust better in this photo. I promise your guests won’t be disappointed if you add this to your holiday dessert buffet!