Are you looking for an easy recipe this holiday season that will wow your guests? I have a fun and easy in a jar dessert recipe to share with you. You can make up the jars ahead of time, and serve them and add them to your Christmas dessert buffet table.
Peppermint Cheesecake and Brownie Bites In a Jar Dessert Recipe
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 crushed mint candies or crushed candy canes
- Cheesecake Ingredients:
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups whipped topping~ thawed
- 3-4 drops mint oil or mint extract
- Preheat the oven to 350`F.
- In a 3-quart saucepan, combine the semi-sweet chocolate and oil and heat over very low heat until melted. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a another mixing bowl, combine the sugar, eggs and vanilla until blended. Add in the chocolate mixture. The remaining dry ingredients should be slowly sifted in, and mix until combined.
- Spoon the batter into a mini cupcake pan sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
- Bake the brownie bites for about 15 minutes at 350'F, or until the batter just starts to pull away from the edges of the pan.
- Combine the cheesecake ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and blend until thoroughly combined. Add more or less mint oil to taste, but it only takes a few drops.
- Layer the brownies and cheesecake in a pint size Mason jar.
- Sprinkle crushed mint candies on top and tie a 1/4 inch red ribbon around the top of the jar and serve!
You can make this recipe even easier by using a box brownie mix if you’d like.