‘Tis the season for me to crave hot chocolate! I love to hold the warm steamy mug, and taste the delicious richness of hot chocolate! I also love to experiment with different flavors. White chocolate is one of my favorite flavor variations. Since Christmas is coming up I thought I’d play a little with peppermint and white chocolate. I came up with this white chocolate peppermint hot chocolate recipe. I have to say the result was pure bliss!
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips or white chocolate bark
- 2 tablespoons (or to taste) of peppermint coffee creamer
- 10-12 ounces milk
- whipped topping
- 3-4 peppermint candies, crushed
- Melt the white chocolate in a large mug with the peppermint coffee creamer by heating it at 20 second intervals in the microwave. If you can't find peppermint creamer you can use regular creamer with a couple drops of mint oil or extract.
- Add the milk and microwave for about 2 minutes, or until it reaches the desired temperature.
- Top with the whipped topping and the crushed peppermint candies.
This white chocolate peppermint hot chocolate recipe would be perfect for holiday parties! It was a big hit with my whole family, so the kids would love it. You can multiply the recipe by your number of guests and heat the recipe on the stove if you need to make several batches.
I hope you enjoy this white chocolate peppermint hot chocolate recipe as much as my family has! Let me know what you think if you give it a try!