I love to get creative with my Trick or Treat goodies! It’s fun to wrap them up in fun packages, so today I have a super easy Jack-o-Lantern treat holder that you can use for beggar’s night, a Halloween or even a school party to hold your sweet treats. Each treat holder only takes a few steps, and you’re done. Recruit the kids to help and you can have a couple dozen of these made up in no time!
- 1 10 inch square orange tissue paper per treat holder
- 1 piece of black card stock or construction paper
- click here to print out Jack-O-Lantern face pattern
- green pipe cleaner
- pencil or pen
- paper shreds
1. Print out the Jack-o-Lantern face pattern, trim it apart and lay it out on a piece of black card stock.
2. Trace around the pattern pieces, then cut them out.
3. Trim a piece of orange tissue paper to about 10 inches square.
4. Fill the middle with shredded paper and your choice of candy or small toys. Then gather the edges together over the filling.
5. Add a small piece of green tissue paper where you’ve gathered it for the pumpkin’s stem.
6. Wrap the top with a green pipe cleaner to hold it in place.
7. Use a pencil to make the pipe cleaner look like a pumpkin vine by wrapping it around.
8. Add the Jack-o-Lantern’s face with a little glue and you’re done!
Now you’re ready to repeat the process to make as many Jack-O-Lantern Treat Holders as you need. The best part is you can start an assembly line with the kids and have several made in no time!
Very cute 🙂 I love to take little snacks and goodie bags to my sons class.. this would be great for next year! Kids would love them!
[…] Jack-O-Lantern Treat Holder […]
I love this idea. I have been pulling all of my halloween decorations out and making fall/halloween crafts. I have tons of tissue paper and this is the perfect idea. I’ll def. be trying this, this weekend. What a great idea! Love the pics.
[…] 7. Jack-O-Lantern Treat Holders […]