I can’t believe summer is almost here again! This pinwheel craft is fun and super easy to make for a summer party, camp, or just because. When they’re done you can use them for a party decoration, or to decorate a kid’s bedroom.
You can decorate them however you want, or use colorful patterned scrapbook paper instead of construction paper.
- Empty paper towel roll
- Craft brad
- 9×9 or 8×8 square of construction paper
- Hole punch
1.Use the pencil to draw a straight line from corner to corner on the construction paper, it should make an x through the center when you’re done (see photo below).
2. Draw a small hash mark on each line half way between the corner and the center of the pinwheel. This will be your cut line, you’ll only cut the paper from the corner to this line.
3. Punch a hole about 1/2 inch in and 1 inch to the left of each corner (see photo above).
3. Cut the paper along the line from the corner toward the center of the paper to the hash line half way to the center.
4. Use a hole punch to punch a hole in the top of the paper towel roll.
5. Fold the corners with the holes punched in them toward the center of the pinwheel (see photo below).
6. Put the brad through the center of the pinwheel, and through the hole in the top of the paper towel roll.
You can also decorate your pinwheel with stickers, or paint the toilet paper roll any color you’d like.