Today I have a really yummy, and easy fun breakfast idea for a kid’s sleepover party. Whenever my son has friends over, I’m always wondering what to serve for breakfast the next morning. I like to try to make them something yummy, but sometimes I’m pressed for time, so I love quick breakfast recipes that’s kid friendly.
This recipe for Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast from Mission Menus fits all of the requirements above. I’ve tried several of their recipes myself, and they’ve never let me down so far, so I’m sure this one is a kid crowd pleaser.
Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast
Prep Time (min): 6
Cook Time (min): 12
Prep Tool: Work Surface, Cutting Board, Stove Top, Non-Stick Sauté Pan, Whisk, Spatula, Mixing Bowl, French Knife
- 4 each Mission® 8 inch Medium Flour Tortilla
- 4 each Whole Eggs
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray to coat
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 6 tablespoons Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Grape Jelly
- 2 tablespoons +2 teaspoons Maple Syrup
1. Pre-heat a large non-stick skillet or electric griddle over medium-high heat.
2. Whisk eggs, heavy cream, powder sugar and ½ teaspoon of cinnamon in a shallow pan to evenly combine, creating a French toast batter. In another shallow pan combine granulated sugar and remaining cinnamon; set aside.
3. Spread 1 ½ tablespoons of peanut butter and 1 tablespoon of jelly evenly over each tortilla.
4. Fold tortilla in half; dip each peanut butter and jelly filled tortilla, allowing any excess to drip off, into the French toast batter.
5. Spray pre-heated skillet with non-stick cooking spray and place 1-2 tortillas in the skillet, cooking each side (approximately 1 minute per side) to golden brown. Repeat for the two remaining.
6. Remove from heat and toss each French toast in the reserve cinnamon and sugar and shake off excess.
7. Serve each PB & J French toast with 2 teaspoons of warm maple syrup.
• Replace the grape jelly with slices of fresh banana for an indulgent twist.
• The PB&J filled tortillas can be made the night before, so just wake and you’re ready to bake.