It’s apple season here in Ohio, which means we have plenty of apples on hand from the small orchard in our side yard, and you can find apples for a good price at your local farmer’s market or grocery. I thought I’d put together a collection of recipes to use these delicious fall favorites. I love apples, from the smell of apples baking in the oven, to their flavor, especially with a little cinnamon thrown in for good measure.
Here is a collection of 22 recipes your families and kids will love, from desserts to sides and main dishes. They all sound delicious to me! They’ve been tried and tested in family kitchens everywhere! Just click on the recipe name to get to the complete recipe!
1. Apple Strudel Muffins – Cinnamon apple strudel goodness from scratch.
2. Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins -Nutritious and delicious!
3. Healthy Baked Apples~ soy gluten,dairy, corn and egg free great side dish or quick healthy dessert idea.
4. Apple Puff Pastry – Super easy, but it looks (and tastes) like you slaved in the kitchen for hours.
5. Apple Cake with Caramel Icing – This is my grandma’s recipe for apple cake, and I have to say it’s one of my fall favorites!
6. Caramelized Apple Cakes -It even sounds delicious!
7. Apple Monkey Bread Bites Super easy, less than 10 minutes prep time, and a kid favorite! Kids can even help with the prep.
8. Caramel Apple Pie -With a cinnamon graham cracker crust. Yum!
9. Mini Apple Pies Yummy dessert for one, topped with ice cream? Delicious!
10. Bite Size Apple Pies– Super easy, super delicious and kid friendly, need I say more?
11. Apple Pie Bites– With Cream Cheese and Apple Dip~ A family friendly sweet football game treat?
12. Homemade Apple Hand Pies~ Hostess doesn’t have anything on these!
13. Strawberry Apple Sonker -An easy twist on the traditional pie recipe.
14. Brie and Apple Tarts – A tasty variation on an old favorite, using crescent rolls instead of puff pastry.
15. Caramel Apple Pizza – Apples caramel and chocolate chips dessert pizza, great for a pizza party!
16. Apple Beet Salad – Has vibrant color and flavor for this time of year. Slightly sweet, and a great way to get kids to eat something healthy.
17. Apple Salsa -Is wonderful on chips, over chicken and pork or straight up as a side dish.
18. Chilled Apple Fruit Salad – Great as a salad or a side dish, or on crackers. (White Rabbit Salad)
19. Pork Apple Burgers -Yummy for the grill, with granny smith apples (my favorite apples).
20. Apple Glazed Meatballs – Have too many apples? Make some juice! Then use the juice to make these yummy meatballs!
21. Apple Pork Chops -With apples, apple juice and spices.
22. Apple Peanut Butter Rings~ Healthy for the family, and the family pets!
What’s your favorite apple recipe?
All images used with owner’s permission. All rights reserved.