I’ve had a flip flop chocolate mold for quite a while now, so this weekend I decided it would be fun to actually make something with it. So I made these flip flop beach cupcakes.
Flip Flop cupcakes would be a fun idea for a beach party, or even a girl’s overnight or spa party. You could even make the flip flops, and the crush the graham crackers ahead and let the girls assemble the cupcakes themselves at the party.
- Flip Flop Candy Mold
- Your favorite cupcake decorator icing colored blue
- Cupcakes made from your favorite mix or recipe
- Chocolate Melting Wafers
- Crushed graham crackers (about 1 square per cupcake)
1. Bake the cupcakes according to the mix or recipe instructions.
2. While the cupcakes are baking and cooling, melt the chocolates according to the package instructions. Most can be melted in a bowl in the microwave for 15-20 seconds at a time, until they’re melted.
3. To make the flip flop strap a different color, use a pastry bag with a small round tip, or Wilton Squeeze Bottles to pipe a thin line of chocolate on the strap of the shoe, before you fill the rest of the chocolate mold. If you have a delicate hand, you could also use a food paint brush to brush the chocolate into the strap. You can see my hand wasn’t always steady!
5. Color your favorite decorating icing blue, for the ocean, and ice your cupcakes once they’ve cooled.
6. Use a rolling pin to crush graham crackers for the sand. You can also use coarse sugar for a white sand beach.
7. Sprinkle the crushed graham crackers over half of the cupcake, then insert the chocolate flip flops, and you’re done.
You could also add one of those cute cocktail parasols or some chocolate sea shells for an extra finishing touch.
These cupcakes would be a ton of fun for a Summer beach party, or a flip flop fun party.