These yummy pumpkin pecan cheesecake bars incorporate two of fall and Thanksgiving’s favorite flavors, pumpkin and pecan, into one delicious dessert. You can serve them straight from the pan in a buffet style dinner, or dress them up on a plate by drizzling a little chocolate or cranberry sauce over the top for a fancier dessert.
Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake Bars
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- ½ cup crushed pecans
- ½ cup butter
- 3- 8 ounce packages of cream cheese
- 1- 32 ounce can of pumpkin
- 1 cup of sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Whole pecans for the top
- Preheat the oven to 350` F.
- Mix together the ingredients for the crust with a fork in a medium size bowl.
- When all the crust ingredients are well mixed, pour the mixture into a 9x13 pan and press evenly onto the bottom of the pan.
- Mix together the ingredients for the bars, and blend with a mixer until all the ingredients are incorporated into a smooth mixture. It’s OK if you still see some flecks of cream cheese, and some darker flecks of spice.
- Pour the bar mixture on top of the crust in the 9x13 pan.
- Put the bars in the oven and bake for about 1 hour. If the top starts to get too dark, cover the cheesecake with a piece of aluminum foil.
- Once the cheesecake has baked, let it cool for a few minutes on the counter. Cover with plastic and put the warm cheesecake in the refrigerator for several hours to chill and set.
- Cut the cheesecake into individual bar servings, topping each bar with a whole pecan.
Kids fun tip:
These bars are delicious served with a dollop of whipped cream on top, or drizzled with a little white or dark chocolate to add a finishing touch.
Looking for more fall recipe ideas? Check out these Candy Corn 7 Layer Magic Bars.