I’m always on the lookout for easy Christmas dessert ideas. I’m a big fan of the brownie bites with candies in them, so I thought I’d give a chocolate covered cherry brownie bite a try. I used one of my favorite brownie recipes, and added some of my dad’s favorite chocolate covered cherries. The result was fabulous!
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 24 Chocolate covered cherry cordial candies
- Preheat the oven to 350`F.
- In a 3-quart saucepan, combine the semi-sweet chocolate and oil and heat over very low heat until melted. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a another mixing bowl, combine the sugar, eggs and vanilla until blended. Add in the chocolate mixture. The remaining dry ingredients should be slowly sifted in, and mix until combined.
- Spoon the batter into a mini cupcake pan sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
- Bake the brownie bites for about 15 minutes at 350'F, or until the batter just starts to pull away from the edges of the pan.
- Let the brownie bites cool for a few minutes in the pan, then gently press a chocolate covered cherry candy into the center of each.
- Let the brownies cool before you try to remove them from the pan.
These chocolate covered cherry brownie bites would be perfect for your holiday or Christmas dessert buffet! They’re easy to make, and a fun treat for all ages. You could also put a few of these in a decorative cellophane bag tied with a pretty holiday ribbon and give them out as an edible gift.
You can make this recipe even easier by using a brownie mix, instead of mixing the brownies up from scratch if you’re in a hurry.
Looking for more great holiday recipes? Check out this Oreo Brownie Recipe in a Jar.
Or these Candy Cane Kiss Brownie Bites