I know it’s not quite Christmas yet, but it’s coming fast. Wow! Can you believe Thanksgiving is next week? The time seems to be flying by this year!
I’ve been coming up with Christmas treat ideas for some of the other websites I write for, so I thought I should share a couple here too. I wanted to share them early so you have time to get the materials if you want to make these Santa sweets for your Christmas party this year.
Let the kids help you assemble the cones, and eat them right away, or pop them in the freezer as they’re assembled on a tray to save for later.
- Ice cream (candy cane, or mint ice cream are very festive)
- Whipped topping
- Sugar cones
- Red melting chocolate, or white melting chocolate with red chocolate coloring
- M & M candies, or chocolate chips
- Melt the red chocolate according to the package microwave directions in a flat bowl, or baking dish. I usually melt the chocolate in the microwave for 15-20 seconds at a time until the chocolate is smooth and melted.
- Roll the cones in the chocolate to coat the outside, then sit upright on a plate, or foil to cool and dry. You can make these ahead, and have them ready for the Santa cones.
- Scoop a ball of ice cream, and place it on top of the cone, press down hard. Flip the cone upside down on the plate, and add chocolate chips, or candies for eyes and a nose.
- When you’re ready to serve them swirl whipped topping for Santa’s beard, hat brim, and the pom pom on top of his hat.
Let your kids have fun rolling the cones, adding the eyes, and whipped topping, and see what they create. They don’t last long, so make them when you’re ready to eat them, or pop them in the freezer as you make them to save them for your Christmas party.
I have made these for years, and my kids LOVE them. I use a candy sour cherry nose, and sometimes have used a maraschino cherry.
I have made these for years, and my kids LOVE them. I use a candy sour cherry nose, and sometimes have used a maraschino cherry. For halloween I make a witch with peppermint bon bon ice cream, red hot candy eyes and red string licorice for hair. Hat is cone dipped in mulling chocolate.