I can’t believe the 4th of July is only a little over a week away! This summer is flying by! We’ve been trying some new red white and blue patriotic recipes to prepare for our family friendly 4th of July party this year. One of the recipes I tried was for red white and blue Jello cups.
- 1 pack red berry Jello
- 1 pack blue berry Jello
- Whipped topping
- Strawberry slices or blueberries for garnish
- Make the red Jello according to the package directions.
- Pour the Jello equally into 8 clear plastic cups.
- Place in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours, or in freezer for about 30 minutes to let the Jello set up.
- Mix up and prepare the blue Jello according to package directions, then pour equally over the 8 cups of red Jello already set up.
- Place the cups back in the refrigerator or freezer to chill.
- Once the Jello is set top with your choice of whipped topping and garnish with some fresh strawberries or blueberries and you're ready to serve.
These were a huge hit with the kids, and that was expected. What I didn’t expect was how popular they would be with the adults too! The grown ups loved them almost as much as the kids did. These super fun patriotic summer treats are also low in calories and fat. You can even make a sugar free version if you use sugar free Jello and whipped topping!
You can combine any two colors to make your cups, you could also make a Christmas or fall version, or even show off your spirit with your school colors if you’d like (and if there is Jello to match). They’re super easy for entertaining.