When I shared our 4th of July party party ideas earlier this week, I shared some red white and blue- patriotic dessert ideas. I want to share a little more about how I created some of those desserts. First up I want to share the 4th of July dessert idea mini red white and blue fruit kabobs. These are super simple to make, and they were a big hit with the kids! You can even enlist a couple kids to help you put them together!
4th of July Mini Red White and Blue Fruit Kabobs
Materials and ingredients:
Toothpicks (I found some with red and blue streamers on the tip)
1 container strawberries
1 container blueberries
1 angel food cake (from scratch or from your grocer’s deli section)
How to assemble:
1. Bake the angel food cake either from scratch or from a mix if you choose too. Allow enough time to set it aside and let it cool.
2. Wash the strawberries and the blueberries and let them drain.
3. Slice the strawberries into quarters, slice the larger strawberries into 6ths or 8ths.
4. Slice the angel food cake, then cut 1″ square pieces for your fruit kabobs.
5. Start an assembly line! This is a great step to have the kids help. Have one person add the strawberry, the second person adds the angel food cake piece, and the third person adds a blueberry.
Keep assembling until you run out of ingredients. Line them up on plates to make a fabulous red white and blue display.
You can make some fun substitutions if you want. You could also use red raspberries in place of the strawberries, or blackberries in place of the blueberries. Mini vanilla cupcakes or pound cake squares could replace the angel food cake. Just have fun with it, and have a happy 4th of July celebration. These were a big hit at our party, and I’m sure they will be at yours too!
[…] Mini Red White and Blue Fruit Kabobs […]
[…] 4. Red, White and Blue Fruit Kabobs […]
[…] Berry and Angel Food Cake mini Kabobs from here at Kid’s Fun […]
[…] looking for an even easier dessert to serve at your next summertime gathering, check out this 4th of July fruit kabobs recipe by Linette at Kids Fun […]
[…] 16. Red White and Blue Fruit Kabobs […]
[…] 2. Mini Red, White and Blue Fruit Kabobs from The Kids Fun Review […]