We love everything pumpkin this time of year! This pumpkin spice muffins recipe is perfect for breakfast, an after school snack, or to take along for a Thanksgiving lunch or brunch. Make a double or triple batch and throw some in the freezer for later!
Pumpkin Spice Muffins Recipe
- 1 15oz can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup applesauce
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 ½ cups white sugar
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees. Insert liners into your muffin pans and set aside.
- Whisk together the sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, and spices in a medium bowl. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and whisk in then pumpkin puree, oil, applesauce, and water. Slowly add the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Scoop the mixture evenly into the muffin pans taking care not to fill the cups more than 2/3’s full.
- Bake for about 18 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
These muffins are also great to make ahead and freeze for later!
To freeze – cool completely, then seal in a freezer bag with as much of the air pressed out of it as possible (but don’t vacuum seal because you’ll squish the muffins!) Thaw in the refrigerator overnight, or pull them out individually for a quick breakfast or snack and heat them for about 30 seconds in the microwave!