This post brought to you by Avocados from Mexico. All opinions are 100% mine.
I have a confession, I love avocados! I eat them almost every day, in my salads, sliced up on burgers or chicken and even in my smoothies. Until recently though I hadn't tried baking with avocado. I've been experimenting with different recipes since I found out I have issues with gluten. Since avocados are so healthy for you I thought I'd give them a try in a cookie recipe to replace the oil I usually use. The result was a rich and creamy chocolate cookie, so I thought I'd share! I'll definitely be making these again for the holidays!
Double Chocolate Avocado Cookies
- 1 very ripe avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
1. Preheat your oven to 350`F.
2. In a mixing bowl, scoop out the inside of the ripe avocado, discard the peel and the seeds.
3. In the same bowl add the sugar, baking soda, apple cider vinegar, vanilla cocoa powder and sea salt. Blend with a hand mixer until smooth.
4. Slowly add the almond flour until it's all combined.
5. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
5. Drop by tablespoons full onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and flatten with the back of the spoon.
6. Bake for 10 minutes at 350`F.
7. When the cookies are done remove them from the oven and carefully transfer them with a spatula to a cooling rack. The cookies will be very fragile until they cool with all that delicious melted chocolate and avocado!
This recipe makes about 1 dozen rich chocolaty cookies.
I also wanted to let you know, right now Avocados from Mexico is running an Avocados from Mexico's Better Baking Sweepstakes! It's super easy to enter, and you don't have to create your own recipe, just fill out the form on their Facebook app.
Just visit the Avocados From Mexico Facebook page to enter for a chance to win one of over 500 prizes! The winners will be chosen by random draw in mid January. I'm excited about the great prizes up for grabs:
(1) Grand Prize – $2,500 iCard Gift Card
(10) Second Prizes – $100 iCard Gift Card
(500) Third Prizes – $25 iCard Gift Card
While my cookies were baking, I hopped over to the Avocados From Mexico Facebook page and entered the sweepstakes. You can jump over there and enter for yourself right now! Hurry before the holiday season gets hectic! You can can enter the sweepstakes from now until 12/31/12.