We love tractors at our house! To go along with the new John Deere Pink Party Supplies, I thought I’d come up with an easy tractor cupcake topper pattern to share.
These tractor toppers use cardstock and a toothpick, so the materials are super easy. You could also use the pattern to make them with rolled fondant if you want. I almost made them with fondant, but decided the cardstock toppers would be easier for others to make.
Tractor Cupcake Toppers
- pink, black, white and green cardstock (or the color of your favorite tractor)
- craft glue
- decorator icing (about 2 cups per dozen cupcakes)
- toothpicks (1 per cupcake)
- Print the Tractor Cupcake Topper Pattern here: Tractor Pattern
- Decorating Tip-#1M Star
- Pastry bag
The directions are for one tractor topper, just multiply by the number you want to make to determine how many of each you should cut out, or decorate.
1. Print out the tractor topper pattern, and cut out the pieces. Lay the tractor body over green or pink card stock (or the color you want to make your tractor).
2. Cut one of each of the small circles out of black card stock for the tires.
3. Cut one of the larger circles for the background out of white, pink, or green card stock, to contrast with your tractor color.
4. Glue the tractor and tires to the center of the large circle, to form the tractor (see photo)
5. Flip the topper over, and glue the toothpick to the back. Place the toothpick so it is half on and half off the topper. Make sure the tractor is straight up and down on the front. Set the topper aside to dry.
6. While the tractor toppers are drying, bake and decorate your cupcakes. I used a Wilton 1M tip and a pastry bag to make the swirl on the top of the cupcakes. I used white icing, but you could also use pink or green.
7. Insert the tractor cupcake toppers into the top of your cupcakes.
You can make these tractor toppers any color you want. Even red if that’s your thing.
Looking for more John Deere birthday party ideas and inspiration? Check here: