I’ve seen this idea for candy cane reindeer quite a bit, but when I was in at the school helping with one of the classes they were making these so I had to take a couple quick photos (of course) to share here.
Candy cane reindeer are super simple to make, and they’re adorable hanging from the tree, or added to the wrapping on a Christmas present.
Candy Cane Reindeer
- Candy Cane
- Pom Pom (red or black)
- Small wiggly eyes
- Brown or black pipe cleaner
1. Glue the pom pom to the tip of the curved part of the candy cane.
2. Glue the eyes above the pom pom, just past where the candy cane is finished bending.
3. Cut the pipe cleaner in half. Wrap one half tightly around the top of the candy cane, so both ends are equal.
4. Cut the other half of the candy cane into 4 equal pieces. Wrap 2 pieces around each side of the pipe cleaner to make the reindeer’s antlers.
5. Hang your reindeer on the tree, or give it away as a Christmas gift.
Make a bunch and bring them to your school Christmas party to share with friends!