I can’t believe Mother’s Day is this weekend already! I have a few Mothers Day treats to share with you today, whether you’re planning to make some treats as a surprise for mom on Mother’s Day, or you’re a mom yourself and you’re looking for some treats you can make with the kids to celebrate. I’ve gone back through the Kid’s Fun archives and pulled up the treats I thought would make moms smile the most, even if the kids leave a little mess behind when they’re done in the kitchen.
1. Butterfly Rice Krispy Treats~ These are my favorites! I think they would make the ultimate Mothers Day treats! They’re really fun for this time of year, and to me they say, mom I love you. You can’t go wrong with a Rice Krispy treat, right? Let the kids get out the sprinkles and some colored sugars to decorate a butterfly they can be proud of when they give it to mom. You could even wrap them up in some cellophane tie a ribbon around the top and give them to grandmas or aunts for a fun Mother’s Day surprise!
2. Fruity Frozen Fudge Pops~ Simple and delicious, with instant pudding, milk and fruit! The kids will love mixing them up, and checking on them while they’re freezing!
3. Cinnamon Cupcakes with cream cheese icing, yum! Kids will love helping you bake these super simple cupcakes for Mothers Day treats they would enjoy themselves.
4. Candy Coated Bananas~ You can let the kids roll the bananas in their favorite candy coatings for a healthy Mother’s Day treat idea.
5. Chocolate Peanut Butter Coconut Candies~ These candies are super simple to make, just heat the coconut oil a little and let the kids mix all the ingredients together and teaspoon them into the candy wrappers.
Do you have any plans to make fun Mothers Day treats for mom this year?
Great ideas, especially the first one.