This post is sponsored by Foodie, all opinions are my own.
There is nothing more fun to do in the summer than having a campfire! Our whole family loves campfires, so during the summer we usually have at least one every weekend when we’re home! We have even more when we’re spending the weekend camping or at the lake. I thought I’d put together a fun Foodie collection of great family campfire recipe ideas to share with you. If you want to check out the complete recipe, you can check out my Campfire Recipe Ideas Collection at Foodie, or by clicking on the image in the slider here:
Check out Fun Campfire Recipe Ideas
There is nothing better than food cooked over an open campfire! It’s definitely worth the fuss, even though most campfire recipes don’t take any more preparation or fuss than regular cooking!
This collection includes a wide variety, from breakfast to a late night snack! Some of our favorites include:
- Campfire pie recipes~ We love making these every weekend! They’re so fun for the kids to make, and so easy! Just add your favorite filling and grill over the open flames in a pie iron.
- Campfire corn on the cob~ This is one of our favorite ways to have corn on the cob! We soak ours in water, then add spices and grill right in the husk!
- Pizza on the campfire~ We’ve done pizza on the grill quite a few times, but we’ve never done pizza on the grill, definitely going to have to give this a try!
- Canned Biscuit Campfire Doughnuts~ OK, so we’ve never tried this one either, but we’ll definitely be giving it a try in the next few weeks! Sounds yummy!
- Brownies and cinnamon rolls in an orange~ Such a genius idea! You can cook these on the open campfire, and there are no dishes to do afterward! Love it! Who knew?
- Campfire macaroni and cheese~ My son’s always all in for this one! He loves mac and cheese however he can get it!
- Breakfast over the campfire? ~ There’s sausage and potatoes, red potato hash, and breakfast potatoes, just add eggs and you’re good to go for a day of camping!
What’s your favorite campfire recipe? We’d love to hear it!