I wanted to come up with an easy Valentine’s Day cupcake that the kids could help make! What’s funner than chocolate and glitter? Edible glitter? Even better! With some colored sugar sprinkles thrown in.
These are really super simple, and you can let the older kids help make the chocolate hearts, and the younger kids can help add the glitter and sugar sprinkles. I think they’d be super easy to make a bunch for a school Valentine’s Day party, or just make a couple for for friends.
Here are the instructions:
Chocolate Glitter Heart Cupcakes
- Mix up a batch of your favorite chocolate cupcakes
- Your favorite chocolate decorator icing
- 2 pastry bags
- Wilton 1M tip (or your favorite decorating tip)
- Red melting chocolates (one bag will go a long way, I would melt about 1/2 bag for a dozen cupcakes)
- Edible gold glitter
- Red sugar sprinkles
1. Bake the cupcakes according to the package or recipe directions, then set them aside to cool.
2. Melt the chocolate according to the package directions.
4. Gently squeeze out the chocolate into heart shaped outlines, and solid hearts. Older kids would have fun helping with this step.
5. While the chocolate is still melted, sprinkle on the edible gold glitter and red sugar sprinkles.
6. Let the hearts cool and dry for a few minutes. You can slip them in the freezer to speed up the process, but it shouldn’t take more than about 15 minutes for the hearts to cool.
7. Ice the cupcakes with your favorite chocolate decorator icing. I like to use the Wilton 1M tip, and swirl the icing around the cupcake.
8. Shake the extra glitter and sprinkles off of the hearts. Let the kids place the chocolate glitter hearts on the top of the cupcakes. You can add one or two hearts to each cupcake.
Super fun super easy cupcakes! Have a happy Valentine’s Day!