Let this cute little love bugs Valentine’s Day craft deliver your Valentine’s Day message to that special someone this year. All you need is an old egg carton, and a few other materials to make a fun handmade gift for your Valentine.
Love Bugs Valentine’s Day Craft
- Egg carton
- ½ of a red or pink pipe cleaner
- Red or pink cardstock
- Red or pink paint
- Paint brush
- Craft glue or hot glue gun (with adult supervision)
- Pair of wiggly eyes
- Heart pattern for face and wings
- Felt tip marker
1. Cut one egg cup from the egg carton for each bug you’d like to make. One egg carton can make up to 12 love bugs.
2. Turn the egg cup so the cup part is on top, and the opening is facing down. Have an adult, or older child carefully poke 2 holes with the tip of the scissors, in the top front (see photo) of the egg cup for the pipe cleaner to go through later for the bug’s antennae.
3. Let your kids paint the egg cup pink or red, and set it aside to dry. You may want to set the egg cup on some newspaper to catch any paint spills.
4. While the egg cup is drying, print and cut out the heart pattern. Trace the heart pattern onto pink or red card stock. Cut out 3 hearts for each love bug, one for the bug’s face, and two for its wings.
4. Glue the wiggly eyes to the rounded top of one of the hearts, and use the felt tip marker to make a mouth.
5. When the paint on the egg cup is dry, poke the pipe cleaner through the 2 holes on the top of the egg cup for the bug’s antennae (see photo). Roll both ends of the pipe cleaner once around your finger to make the top of the antennae.
6. Glue the bug’s face to the front of the egg cup, and one wing to each side.
7. Let your kids write their Valentine’s Day message on the wings. They can write the same message on both wings, or write a different message on each wing.
Kid’s Fun Tip:
Instead of buying Valentine’s Day cards, you can make these love bugs to pass out for your classroom Valentine’s Day party.
Looking for more Valentine’s Day ideas? Check out these Valentine’s Day printable cupcake toppers.
2017 PINTEREST PARTY VALENTINE’S DAY BLOG HOP
This post is part of the Pinterest Party 2017 Valentine’s Day Blog Hop. The Pinterest Party is a group that helps people grow their Pinterest following. Find other posts in this blog hop below:
29. Steampunkary – Steampunk Alice in Wonderland Heart Printables for Valentine’s Day Crafts Gifts
30. Stephanie Grams ~ Get Date Night Ready
31. The Mama Maven Blog – 5 Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas for Your Tech-Loving Spouse
1. Best Gifts For Happy Living – The Best Valentine’s Day Gifts for Her
2. Fit For life – 3 Easy Steps to Self-Love
3. Grammie Knows How – Gifts that will Grow like your Love, for Valentine’s Day
4. Olives-N-Okra – 4 DIY Valentine’s Day Crafts
5. Kids Fun Reviewed –That’s us!
6. Essential Oils for Guide – Essential Oils for Couples
7. Housewives Hobbies – Valentine’s Knitting Pattern
8. Home Sweet Decor – Romantic Valentine Dinner Party Ideas for Two
9. Little Blog In the Country – Dipped Sugar Wafers
10. Shopping Kim –Valentine’s Day Frosted Sugar Cookies Recipe
11. Home Jobs by Mom – Chocolate Covered Toffee Recipe
12. Cozy Clicks Photography – Top 10 Photos that Show Family Love on Valentine’s Day
13. Doodle and Stitch – Valentine Felt Envelope