This red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing recipe is perfect for Valentine’s Day. They’re the perfect treat to make for your special someone. They’re very festive for this time of year, and they’d also be fabulous for a holiday display! Red velvet is one of my all time favorite flavors, with it’s hint of chocolate, and the cream cheese frosting is the perfect way to top it off! Add your favorite sprinkles and a decorative cupcake wrap, like these flower wraps from Wilton.
Red Velvet Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Icing Recipe
- Red Velvet Cupcakes:
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons red food color
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cream Cheese Icing
- 1-8 ounce package of cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup of butter room temperature
- 4 ¾ cup confectioner sugar
- 3-4 teaspoons of water
- Preheat the oven to 350`F.
- While the oven is heating mix up the red velvet cupcakes. Sift together the flour, baking soda and cocoa in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a large bowl combine the butter, buttermilk, sugar, eggs, red food color, vinegar, and vanilla.
- Add in the flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time, pouring slowly.
- Beat the mixture with a hand mixer on medium speed for about 2-3 minutes until well combined.
- Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 of the way full with batter.
- Bake the cupcakes for about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Place the finished cupcakes on a cooling rack to cool.