This post is sponsored by Family Dollar all opinions are my own.
I’m excited to be participating with some of my favorite foodie bloggers in the Family Dollar More For Less Recipe Challenge! Each blogger has created a fabulous recipe for the contest, using only Family Dollar ingredients, from their new and expanded food line. I think all of the recipes look and sound delicious and I’m so excited to have the opportunity to participate and to share this contest with you!
I’m participating this fun recipe contest with an original chocolate covered bacon cupcake recipe I created for under $15 in ingredients from Family Dollar. The best part is if you share your favorite #FamilyDollarMore4Less recipe, YOU will be entered to win FREE GROCERIES for a year!
You can go share our chocolate covered bacon cupcakes, or your favorite recipe here: Family Dollar Food Contest. Here is our yummy cupcake recipe:
- 1¼ cup Family Gourmet Flour
- 1 teaspoon Family Gourmet Baking Powder
- ¼ cup Family Gourmet Butter
- ½ cup Family Gourmet Sugar
- 2 Sun-Ups Eggs
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 cup Family Gourmet Vanilla Extract
- ⅓ cup Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup
- ½ bag Hershey’s Chocolate Chips
- 8 slices Bar S Bacon
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 cups Family Gourmet Powdered Sugar
- 1- 8 ounce Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 6 teaspoons water
- Cook the bacon according to the package directions.
- Melt about ½ bag of Hershey’s chocolate chips in a double boiler, or by microwaving 30 seconds at a time and stirring between until melted.
- Dredge the cooked bacon through the melted chocolate and lay it out on parchment or wax paper to cool and harden. Leave the tips without chocolate.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, cut or break the chocolate covered bacon into small pieces. Reserve the bacon ends to top your cupcakes.
- Preheat the oven to 350`F
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add in the eggs, milk, vanilla, and chocolate syrup.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour and baking powder.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the rest of the ingredients, mixing on low until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in the chocolate covered bacon bits.
- Pour into cupcake cups, filling them about ⅔ to ¾ of the way full.
- Bake at 350` F for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Place the cupcakes onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- While the cupcakes are cooling mix up the cream cheese icing by combining the cream cheese, powdered sugar and water in a medium mixing bowl and mixing on low until well combined.
- Ice the cupcakes with the cream cheese frosting and top with the chocolate covered bacon ends.
Of course I’m partial to our chocolate covered bacon recipe, but we’re up against some stiff competition! Like I said above there are some fabulous food bloggers participating!
Please vote for our cupcakes & retweet this:
— Linette Gerlach (@Linetteg) March 31, 2014
You can check out all the fabulous recipes here: #FamilyDollarMore4Less Food Challenge.
While you’re there don’t forget to share and vote so you’ll be eligible to possibly win the groceries for a year! Of course we’d love it if you vote for the chocolate covered bacon cupcakes while you’re there! 🙂