I know, it’s not officially summer yet…. but I am so ready for summer! It’s been a chilly spring here in Ohio, after a downright freezing winter, and I’m ready for some sunshine and warmer weather! This lemon cake mix cookies recipe reminds me of warmer days and fun in the sun! The cookies are super easy to make, with just a few ingredients, and perfect for spring or summer. The light lemony flavor make them perfect for a pool party, or a backyard barbecue.
Lemon Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- 1 box of lemon cake mix any brand
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 Cup of vegetable oil
- Powdered sugar to roll the cookie dough in
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour about 1 cup of powdered sugar onto a plate and set it aside for later.
- Combine the cake mix, 2 eggs and vegetable oil and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Use a teaspoon size cookie scoop to scoop the cookie dough and roll it into small round balls.
- Roll the cookie balls in the powdered sugar and place 2” a part on a cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 9-11 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes.
*Makes approximately 1 dozen cookies. 1 cookie = 1 serving.
These cookies are soft and chewy right out of the oven. You can store your lemon cake mix cookies in an airtight container for up to one week, so they’re perfect to make ahead for weekend fun in the sun!
To add a little variation to these you could also leave the powdered sugar off and glaze them with a little lemon icing, or add in some white chocolate chips. Yum! However you serve them up to your summer guests, don’t forget the lemonade!
What are your favorite summer fun in the sun recipes?