Last night our family sat down to watch the Super Bowl with a fun feast of food. One of my son’s favorites was the personal double decker Mexican pizza. They’re quick and easy to make, and kids can add their own toppings. They can pick and choose what they want on their own individual pizza. They’d also be perfect for a Cinco de Mayo celebration in the spring!
Personal Mexican Pizza
1 Pound ground beef
1/2 Medium onion chopped
2 Cloves garlic minced
1 Packet taco seasoning
8 Flour tortillas
1 Can refried beans
2 Cups cheddar cheese
1/2 Cup quesadilla cheese (optional)
1 Jar salsa
1. Brown the ground beef, add the diced onion, and minced garlic. Drain off any excess fat.
2. Spread a a thin layer of re-fried beans on 4 of the flour tortillas.
3. Top the re-fried beans with a layer of hamburger. Use 1/2 of the hamburger, and save 1/2 for the top layer.
4. Top the hamburger with 1/2 of the cheese split between all 4 tortillas.
5. Place the second tortilla on top and repeat the layers.
6. Bake on a cookie sheet at 400`F for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cheese starts to bubble.
7. Top with your favorite toppings and slice into wedges.
Personal Mexican pizzas would be fun party food for kids, especially a Fiesta!
Here’s the rest of our Super Bowl feast.
Here are the other recipes: