I was checking out the How To Train Your Dragon movie trailer with my son, and I thought it would be really fun to make some viking hat cupcakes to go along with the movie. These cupcakes are super easy to make, and they don’t cost much since you’re making the hat with card stock, and the horns from gum paste.
Instructions to make Viking Hat Cupcakes:
- I used the Jumbo Cupcake Pan from Wilton to make some larger cupcakes (I love this larger cupcake pan).
- I cut out a band from brown card stock that was 1 3/4″ by 10 inches for the cupcake wrap.
- Then I cut another band 1/2″ by 10 inches for a small band to go around the bottom.
- I iced the cupcakes with a Wilton Decorating Tip #1Mand butter cream decorator icing colored a light brown.
- I made the viking horns by shaping a little gum paste, I inserted a toothpick into the end that will anchor it to the cupcake for extra stability, then sat the horns aside to dry for a day or two. You can also use them right away, but the horns will be bendable.
The cupcakes were fun and easy to make. This would also be a great cupcake for schools that have a viking mascot.
Click here for more: How To Train Your Dragon party supplies and ideas.