I am a 2014 Nature’s Sleep ambassador. I was not compensated for this post, but I did receive an item for review. All opinions are my own.
One of my favorite summer treats is homemade ice cream! What’s even better than straight up homemade ice cream? Homemade cake batter ice cream with sprinkles of course! What’s even better yet? Having it served up in bed as a late night snack while you’re lounging on your Nature’s Sleep Pillow! Heavenly!
This homemade ice cream recipe is super easy to make! Prep takes less than 10 minutes, and if you have an ice cream maker you can have delicious homemade ice cream in less than 30!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup vanilla cake mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla ice cream
- Put all the ingredients(except the sprinkles) into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into your favorite ice cream maker and follow the directions to freeze the ice cream.
- When the ice cream is almost complete-frozen add in 2-3 tablespoons of the sprinkles.
- Serve topped with more sprinkles.
This recipe is super easy to make and definitely a hit at our house! If you don’t have an ice cream freezer you can also put it in a container in your regular freezer to set up. Just stir it every half hour until it’s the right consistancy.
Want to serve up your homemade ice cream in bed? Nature’s Sleep has 40% off their pillows during the month of July! Just enter in the code PILLOW40 at check out!
Check out all the other homemade ice cream recipes, for even more chances to win!