Bunting banners are such a fun and frugal way to add color to a space or party. Stamping is so much fun, and what’s even funner is using items you already have on hand to create your stamps. This DIY apple stamp bunting banner is no exception, and perfect for a fall harvest party, or just getting into the fall season. Take a look at how we hand stamped our own in just minutes. This is a fun and frugal fall craft that you won’t want to miss out on.
- Craft paint
- Fabric squares or triangles
- Hot glue, glue gun
We found our pre cut bunting at our local craft store. It is sold in a pack of 5 for less than $5, if you can’t find it at your local craft store you can find it on Amazon here: Burlap Pennant Bunting. This is perfect for this craft. If you can’t find precut fabric, simply use a sturdy and light colored fabric such as burlap, canvas, etc.
1. Begin by cutting your apple in half. Use your towel to wipe away any dampness. You also want to remove the seeds. This way, the paint will stick to the apple nicely and you will get that perfect apple shape.
2. Pour some craft paint on a plate. Smooth it out into a thin layer.
3. Press the apple to the paint. Press it firmly so it gets covered nicely.
4. Remove the apple and press it to the fabric. You want to press hard and hold the apple in place for a minute or so. This way, you can be certain you are leaving a bold imprint.
5. Remove the apple and repeat the process on the other pieces of fabric.
6. Once your stampings are dry, you can attach the pieces of fabric to ribbon. Simply apply ribbon to the back of each piece of fabric and press it to the ribbon. Space them out as you apply.
Your apple stamp bunting banner is now ready to be displayed. Where you put it is up to you, but know that it is sure to bring on some compliments!