We love to watch a good football game at our house, and when we do I always like to have some quick finger foods on hand to serve up during the game. I really like this super simple kid friendly mini taco bites appetizer recipe using Scoops Tortilla chips. They’re just like a taco, only they’re bite size, and the perfect size for little hands. You can make them by the plateful, and slip them in the microwave for a few seconds to melt the cheese.
Kid Friendly Mini Taco Bites Appetizer Recipe
- 1 bag Scoops Tortilla Chips
- 1 lb ground beef
- taco seasoning
- 1 jar your favorite salsa
- 1 container sour cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- Jalapenos~ Optional
- Brown 1 pound of ground beef, and add in the taco seasoning to taste.
- Lay out a plate full of Scoops tortilla chips with the bowl side up on a large plate or platter.
- Add a small scoop of ground beef to each Scoop and top with a pinch of cheese. Pop the whole tray of mini taco bites into the microwave and microwave for about 30 to 45 seconds.
- Top with salsa and sour cream, or your favorite taco toppings.
- You can add a slice of jalapeno if your kids like it hot, or if you have some adults in the crowd.
If you have adults in the crowd, or if your kids like it hot you can kick it up a notch or two and add a couple drops of hot sauce or top them with a jalapeno slice.
I’m planning to make this yummy taco bites appetizer again this weekend!
Looking for more recipe ideas? Check out this cheesy pizza lasagna recipe.
Or these Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms